In New Berlin, Wisconsin, Carol Smith tosses a hearty blend of ingredients that our taste testers ranked"a cut above any deli salad we've ever tasted."
- 7 ounces uncooked small pasta shells
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup halved ripe olives
- 1 block (6 ounces) mozzarella cheese, cut into thin strips
- 4 ounces salami, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons cider or red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a large bowl; add the next six ingredients. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Chill until serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Salami N Shells Salad in Taste of Home June/July 1999, p18
Reviews for Salami N Shells Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review