Salami Asparagus Salad Recipe
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1/4 pound hard salami, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1. In a large skillet, bring 1 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and cook for 3 minutes or until tender. Drain and immediately place in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the asparagus, red pepper, onion, salami and feta cheese. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Pour over vegetable mixture and toss to coat.
- 3. Cover and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 380 calories, 29g fat (7g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 998mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein.
Reviews for Salami Asparagus Salad
"So glad I finally got around to trying this recipe! It is just perfect! Love all the flavors - they go so well together! And it's pretty to look at as well... Thanks, S&D!"
"I got this recipe out of TOH Mag in 2008 and have made this over and over again. It is delicious! I never thought of using asparagus in a salad before, and I wouldn't change a thing. I usually make a double batch and take it for lunches. I do sometimes omit the onions. I can't wait for spring with the availability of fresh asparagus!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.