“I enjoy taking this dish to potlucks, as everyone 'oohs' and 'ahhs' about how colorful and delicious it is!" says Patricia Smith in Golden, Colorado. "We like it at home with French bread and brie for a light supper.”
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1/4 pound hard salami, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- In a large skillet, bring 1 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and cook for 3 minutes or until tender. Drain and immediately place in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, combine the asparagus, red pepper, onion, salami and feta cheese. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Pour over vegetable mixture and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Salami Asparagus Salad in Simple & Delicious March/April 2008, p42
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Salami Asparagus Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review