Salads with Pistachio-Crusted Goat Cheese Recipe
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 medium oranges, peeled and segmented
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 tablespoons walnut or olive oil, divided
- 1/3 cup pistachios
- 4-1/2 teaspoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 log (4 ounces) fresh goat cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the orange juice, vinegar, orange peel, honey, salt, cumin and 5 tablespoons walnut oil. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Divide among four serving plates.
- 2. Place pistachios in a food processor; cover and process until ground. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in bread crumbs. Cut goat cheese into four slices; brush slices with remaining oil. Coat in crumb mixture.
- 3. In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook cheese slices over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Place on salads. Yield: 4 servings.
2 cups equals 424 calories, 36 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 508 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.