Salad with Vinaigrette Dressing—to showcase your garden greens—is shared by Fayne Lutz of Taos, New Mexico. "The dressing really gives the lettuce and vegetables a nice zip," Fayne remarks.
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 to 4 drops hot pepper sauce
- Salad greens
- Bell peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes and/or other vegetables of your choice
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first seven ingredients and shake well. Toss salad greens and vegetables in a large bowl or arrange on individual salad plates. Serve with dressing. Yield: 1 cup dressing.
Originally published as Salad with Vinaigrette Dressing in Taste of Home April/May 1994, p13
Reviews for Salad with Vinaigrette Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 26, 2014
"I tried this for the first time to accompany potato soup and fresh bread. I followed the recipe exactly. It was fabulous! Everyone took seconds and thirds of my simple lettuce mixture."