Salad with Vinaigrette Dressing—to showcase your garden greens—is shared by Fayne Lutz of Taos, New Mexico. "The dressing really gives the lettuce and vegetables a nice zip," Fayne remarks.
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 to 4 drops hot pepper sauce
- Salad greens
- Bell peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes and/or other vegetables of your choice
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first seven ingredients and shake well. Toss salad greens and vegetables in a large bowl or arrange on individual salad plates. Serve with dressing. Yield: 1 cup dressing.
Originally published as Salad with Vinaigrette Dressing in Taste of Home April/May 1994, p13
Reviews for Salad with Vinaigrette Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 26, 2014
"I tried this for the first time to accompany potato soup and fresh bread. I followed the recipe exactly. It was fabulous! Everyone took seconds and thirds of my simple lettuce mixture."