Salad with Oil-Free Dressing Recipe
"This dressing is a treat for anyone who likes a refreshing salad topper with a big herb flavor," remarks field editor Ellen Benninger of Stoneboro, Pennsylvania. "Even without oil, it's thick and satisfying."
- 1 tablespoon powdered fruit pectin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried herb (oregano, basil, thyme, tarragon, savory or dill weed)
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salad greens, tomatoes, cucumbers and carrots or vegetables of your choice
- 1. In a small bowl, combine pectin, herb of choice, sugar substitute, mustard, salt and pepper. Stir in water, vinegar and garlic. Chill. Serve over greens and vegetables of your choice. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1/3 cup.
1 tablespoon: 13 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 60mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Reviews for Salad with Oil-Free Dressing
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC