"This dressing is a treat for anyone who likes a refreshing salad topper with a big herb flavor," remarks field editor Ellen Benninger of Stoneboro, Pennsylvania. "Even without oil, it's thick and satisfying."
Featured In: 5-Ingredient Salad Recipes
- 1 tablespoon powdered fruit pectin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried herb (oregano, basil, thyme, tarragon, savory or dill weed)
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salad greens, tomatoes, cucumbers and carrots or vegetables of your choice
- In a small bowl, combine pectin, herb of choice, sugar substitute, mustard, salt and pepper. Stir in water, vinegar and garlic. Chill. Serve over greens and vegetables of your choice. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1/3 cup.
Originally published as Salad with Oil-Free Dressing in Taste of Home February/March 1998, p16
Reviews for Salad with Oil-Free Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review