Salad with Hot Italian Dressing Recipe
I CREATED this recipe for a special dinner for our wedding anniversary, which is April 11. That's the perfect time to make this salad, when leaf lettuce is fresh and green onions and radishes come right out of the garden. -Bessie Hulett, Shively, Kentucky
- 2 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 radishes, sliced
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- 3 bacon strips, diced
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian salad dressing mix
- 1. Arrange the lettuce, onions, radishes and tomato on a serving platter; set aside.
- 2. In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Add flour to drippings; stir until smooth. Cook over low heat for 3 minutes.
- 3. Combine the vinegar, sugar, water and salad dressing mix; add to skillet. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Drizzle over salad. Top with bacon. Serve immediately. Refrigerate leftover dressing for up to 2 weeks. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving equals 280 calories, 20 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 387 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC