- 2 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 radishes, sliced
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- 3 bacon strips, diced
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian salad dressing mix
- Arrange the lettuce, onions, radishes and tomato on a serving platter; set aside.
- In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Add flour to drippings; stir until smooth. Cook over low heat for 3 minutes.
- Combine the vinegar, sugar, water and salad dressing mix; add to skillet. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Drizzle over salad. Top with bacon. Serve immediately. Refrigerate leftover dressing for up to 2 weeks. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Salad with Hot Italian Dressing in Reminisce March/April 1999, p49
Reviews for Salad with Hot Italian Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review