Salad with Honey-Mustard Dressing Recipe
This salad is my most-requested recipe. The dressing, eggs and almonds can be prepared ahead of time, so it can be made at the last minute.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:10-12 servings
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 9 cups torn romaine
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, diced
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the oil, 1/2 cup sugar, vinegar, honey, lemon juice and seasonings; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; set aside to cool.
- 2. In a small skillet over low heat, cook almonds and remaining sugar until nuts are glazed; cool.
- 3. In a salad bowl, toss the romaine, cheese and almonds. Top with eggs. Drizzle with dressing. Serve immediately. Refrigerate any leftover dressing. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 308 calories, 24 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 268 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC