Salad with Grilled Chicken Recipe
“I feel like I am serving fine restaurant-quality food with this dish,” writes Dianna Wissinger of Lawrenceburg, Indiana. “Every single guest asked for the recipe when I made it for a get-together.”
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 4 cups shredded romaine
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the first nine ingredients. Place the chicken in a large resealable plastic bag; add 6 tablespoons vinaigrette. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining vinaigrette until serving.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium-low heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Cut into strips.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the romaine, bacon, tomato, mushrooms, walnuts, chicken and reserved vinaigrette; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Salad with Grilled Chicken
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC