- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 4 cups shredded romaine
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a small bowl, whisk the first nine ingredients. Place the chicken in a large resealable plastic bag; add 6 tablespoons vinaigrette. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining vinaigrette until serving.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium-low heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Cut into strips.
- In a large bowl, combine the romaine, bacon, tomato, mushrooms, walnuts, chicken and reserved vinaigrette; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Salad with Grilled Chicken
"Delicious main dish salad! I made this recipe exactly as written except I left out the mushrooms. I served it with roasted garlic bread from the bakery."
"Very nice! Served this at a ladies' luncheon and everyone was complimentary of it. I had to leave out the walnuts because I knew one lady has nut allergies, but I definitely want to include them when I serve this to my family."