Egg sparks the taste of this pleasantly sweet cooked dressing from Mary Bloom of Titusville, Pennsylvania. She serves it warm over greens tossed with bacon bits, tomato and more. "Besides lettuce, it's also good over fresh spinach or cabbage," she adds.
Recommended: 44 Ways to Get More Leafy Greens in Your Life
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup sliced cucumber
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the eggs, sugar and water. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 45 seconds. Stir in vinegar; cook for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Meanwhile, in a salad bowl, combine greens, onion, bacon, tomato and cucumber. Drizzle with warm dressing; toss to coat. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Salad with Egg Dressing in Quick Cooking March/April 2000, p35
Reviews for Salad with Egg Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review