Salad with Creamy Homemade Dressing
Mom had a magic way of combining ordinary ingredients into something extraordinary. In this refreshing salad, lettuce and vegetables are deliciously topped with a thick hearty dressing.
-Grace Yascovic, Branchville, New Jersey
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 12 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped, optional
- In a large bowl, toss salad greens, tomatoes and cucumbers; set
- aside. In a small bowl, combine Miracle Whip, Thousand Island
- dressing and milk; mix well. If desired, gently stir in eggs. serve
- over salad. Store any leftover dressing in the refrigerator. Yield:
- 8 servings (2 cups dressing).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 340 calories, 33 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 488 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.