Mom had a magic way of combining ordinary ingredients into something extraordinary. In this refreshing salad, lettuce and vegetables are deliciously topped with a thick hearty dressing. -Grace Yascovic, Branchville, New Jersey
- 12 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped, optional
- In a large bowl, toss salad greens, tomatoes and cucumbers; set aside. In a small bowl, combine Miracle Whip, Thousand Island dressing and milk; mix well. If desired, gently stir in eggs. serve over salad. Store any leftover dressing in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings (2 cups dressing).
Originally published as Salad with Creamy Dressing in Taste of Home June/July 2000, p35
Reviews for Salad with Creamy Homemade Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 29, 2009
"Tasty simple salad. Great for kids or busy days."