Salad with Cran-Raspberry Dressing Recipe
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed and drained
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1. Place raspberries in a blender; cover and process until pureed. Strain and discard seeds; set puree aside.
- 2. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, celery seed, cinnamon and cloves. Stir in the cranberry juice, vinegar and reserved raspberry puree. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat; cool. Cover and refrigerate.
- 3. In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, oranges, cranberries, onions, sunflower kernels, pecans and almonds. Drizzle with dressing; gently toss to coat. Refrigerate any leftover dressing. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 126 calories, 5 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 31 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Salad with Cran-Raspberry Dressing
"I have made this several times and love it. I modify it a bit. I use LITE cran/rasp juice and raspberry flavored vinegar. I also use unsweetened raspberries and use splenda instead of sugar. It turns out perfect every time."