Salad with Cran-Raspberry Dressing Recipe
I was given this recipe at a bridal shower our rural farming community held for me. It's become my all-time favorite salad. The color and tang the berries add to the lovely mix make it perfect for company or just my husband and me.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed and drained
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Slivered Almonds
- Place raspberries in a blender; cover and process until pureed. Strain and discard seeds; set puree aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, celery seed, cinnamon and cloves. Stir in the cranberry juice, vinegar and reserved raspberry puree. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat; cool. Cover and refrigerate.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, oranges, cranberries, onions, sunflower kernels, pecans and almonds. Drizzle with dressing; gently toss to coat. Refrigerate any leftover dressing. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Salad with Cran-Raspberry Dressing in Country Woman November/December 2002, p29
Reviews for Salad with Cran-Raspberry Dressing(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 15, 2011
I have made this several times and love it. I modify it a bit. I use LITE cran/rasp juice and raspberry flavored vinegar. I also use unsweetened raspberries and use splenda instead of sugar. It turns out perfect every time.
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Salad Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Salad Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Cranberry Salad Recipes >
- Dried Cranberry Recipes >
- Green Salad Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >
- Raspberry Recipes >
- Raspberry Vinaigrette >
- Salad Dressing Recipes >