Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing Recipe
This salad is a tradition in my home each Christmas. The chunky blue cheese dressing coats the lettuce beautifully. Toss in extra vegetables to suit your family's taste. —Shirley Bedzis, San Diego, California
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 12 cups torn Bibb or Boston lettuce
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 cups seasoned salad croutons
- 1. In a blender, combine the cottage cheese, 1/4 cup blue cheese, mayonnaise, yogurt, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Cover and process until smooth.
- 2. Pour into a small bowl; stir in the remaining blue cheese. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours. In a large bowl, toss the lettuce, tomatoes, onion, olives and croutons. Serve with dressing. Yield: 14-16 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 98 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 267 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC