Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing Recipe
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 12 cups torn Bibb or Boston lettuce
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 cups seasoned salad croutons
- 1. In a blender, combine the cottage cheese, 1/4 cup blue cheese, mayonnaise, yogurt, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Cover and process until smooth.
- 2. Pour into a small bowl; stir in the remaining blue cheese. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours. In a large bowl, toss the lettuce, tomatoes, onion, olives and croutons. Serve with dressing. Yield: 14-16 servings.
1 cup: 98 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 267mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing
"This salad dressing is honestly the best dressing I have ever eaten. So simple and quick to make; thick and creamy you will put it on everything. Makes an awesome dip for veggies. YUM!!"