This salad is a tradition in my home each Christmas. The chunky blue cheese dressing coats the lettuce beautifully. Toss in extra vegetables to suit your family's taste. —Shirley Bedzis, San Diego, California
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 12 cups torn Bibb or Boston lettuce
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 cups seasoned salad croutons
- In a blender, combine the cottage cheese, 1/4 cup blue cheese, mayonnaise, yogurt, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Cover and process until smooth.
- Pour into a small bowl; stir in the remaining blue cheese. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours. In a large bowl, toss the lettuce, tomatoes, onion, olives and croutons. Serve with dressing. Yield: 14-16 servings.
Originally published as Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p18
Reviews for Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 1, 2013
"This salad dressing is honestly the best dressing I have ever eaten. So simple and quick to make; thick and creamy you will put it on everything. Makes an awesome dip for veggies. YUM!!"