This salad is a tradition in my home each Christmas. The chunky blue cheese dressing coats the lettuce beautifully. Toss in extra vegetables to suit your family's taste. —Shirley Bedzis, San Diego, California
Featured In: 19 Recipes for Homemade Salad Dressing
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 12 cups torn Bibb or Boston lettuce
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 cups seasoned salad croutons
- In a blender, combine the cottage cheese, 1/4 cup blue cheese, mayonnaise, yogurt, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Cover and process until smooth.
- Pour into a small bowl; stir in the remaining blue cheese. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours. In a large bowl, toss the lettuce, tomatoes, onion, olives and croutons. Serve with dressing. Yield: 14-16 servings.
Originally published as Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p18
Reviews for Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 1, 2013
"This salad dressing is honestly the best dressing I have ever eaten. So simple and quick to make; thick and creamy you will put it on everything. Makes an awesome dip for veggies. YUM!!"