- 1 pound turkey or pork Italian sausage links, casings removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 large onions, halved and sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 6 naan flatbreads
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat red wine vinaigrette, divided
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Remove drippings from pan.
- Preheat oven to 425°. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in same skillet. Add onions and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 15-20 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Stir in sausage; remove from heat.
- Lightly brush remaining oil on both sides of flatbreads. Place on ungreased baking sheets; bake 4-6 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and 1/4 cup vinaigrette until blended. Spread onto flatbreads; top with sausage mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 6-9 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine lettuce, cucumber, tomato and red onion. Add remaining vinaigrette and pepper; toss to coat. Divide salad among pizzas; serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Salad-Topped Flatbread Pizzas
Sort By :
"This recipe was a big hit with the family. The naan bread was a nice substitute for pizza crust and the salady nature of the ingredients made it feel very healthy. Will definitely make this again."
"This was really good! Naan makes perfectly sized individual pizzas. I used light balsamic vinaigrette because I already had it. My husband loved these as well. I will definitely be making again!"