Salad-Topped Flatbread Pizzas Recipe
- 1 pound turkey or pork Italian sausage links, casings removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 large onions, halved and sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 6 naan flatbreads
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat red wine vinaigrette, divided
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Remove drippings from pan.
- 2. Preheat oven to 425°. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in same skillet. Add onions and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 15-20 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Stir in sausage; remove from heat.
- 3. Lightly brush remaining oil on both sides of flatbreads. Place on ungreased baking sheets; bake 4-6 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- 4. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and 1/4 cup vinaigrette until blended. Spread onto flatbreads; top with sausage mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 6-9 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 5. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine lettuce, cucumber, tomato and red onion. Add remaining vinaigrette and pepper; toss to coat. Divide salad among pizzas; serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
1 pizza equals 510 calories, 28 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 1,308 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.