If your family loves pizza, try this recipe. This has such a wonderful flavor and will become a favorite in your family.Taste of Home Cooking School, Greendale, Wisconsin
4-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 prebaked mini pizza crusts
- 1/2 cup Western, Catalina or French salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or oregano
- 1 package (10 ounces) torn romaine lettuce (8 cups)
- 1 cup sliced pepperoni or chopped Canadian bacon
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese or cheese blend
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Bake pizza crusts at 400° for 8-10 minutes or grill over medium
- heat until desired crispness. When cool enough to handle, tear into
- bite-size pieces; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine salad dressing and basil; set aside. In a
- salad bowl, combine the lettuce, pizza crusts, pepperoni, cheese and
- olives. Toss to mix ingredients. Drizzle each serving with dressing.
- Yield: 4 main-dish servings; 8 side salads.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.