Sage Turkey Thighs Recipe
- 4 medium carrots, halved
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage, divided
- 2 turkey thighs or turkey drumsticks (2 pounds total), skin removed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the carrots, onion, water, garlic and 1 teaspoon sage. Top with turkey. Sprinkle with remaining sage. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until a thermometer reads 170°-175°.
- Remove turkey to a serving platter; keep warm. Strain broth, reserving vegetables. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan.
- Place vegetables in a food processor; cover and process until smooth. Add to cooking juices. Bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Add salt, pepper and, if desired, browning sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with turkey. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sage Turkey Thighs in Light & Tasty February/March 2003, p27
Reviews for Sage Turkey Thighs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review