Sage Turkey Sausage Patties Recipe
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage or 2 teaspoons dried sage leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into twelve 3-in. patties.
In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook patties in oil in batches over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink. Drain on paper towels if necessary.
Freeze option: Wrap each patty in plastic wrap; transfer to a resealable plastic freezer bag. To use, unwrap patties and place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake in a preheated 350° oven 15 minutes on each side or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
1 each: 104 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 227mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 11g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Sage Turkey Sausage Patties
"Made these for hard working men and they loved it."
"Love these sausage patties - lots of flavor. I often back them with the Baked Apple Pie French Toast."
"Easy and freezes well"
"Delicious! I tried 2 turkey sausage recipes this morning for a church brunch. By far this recipe is the best!"
"Delicious flavor! We will definitely be adding this to our breakfast rotation!"