Sage Shrimp Skewers Recipe
- 10 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips
- 10 uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 fresh sage leaves
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- 2. Sprinkle shrimp with oil. Place a sage leaf on each shrimp; wrap with a strip of bacon. Thread shrimp onto two metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- 3. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink. Yield: 10 appetizers.
1 each: 68 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 176mg sodium, 0 carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Sage Shrimp Skewers
"This is a terrific recipe and works equally well using sea scallops or chunks of meaty fish such as cod, swordfish or salmon. Sometimes I skip the sage and served topped with guacamole mixed with a little mayo. Delish!"