Sage Shrimp Skewers
“This is such a simple and unique grill recipe,” writes Lacey Kirsch of Vancouver, Washington. “And with just four ingredients, it's very easy to change the amounts for a crowd.”
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 10 bacon strips
- 10 uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 fresh sage leaves
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially
- cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Sprinkle shrimp with oil. Place a sage leaf on each shrimp; wrap with
- a strip of bacon. Thread shrimp onto two metal or soaked wooden
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and
- lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or
- broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until
- shrimp turn pink. Yield: 10 appetizers.
Nutritional Facts: 1 appetizer equals 68 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 176 mg sodium, trace carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.