- 10 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips
- 10 uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 fresh sage leaves
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Sprinkle shrimp with oil. Place a sage leaf on each shrimp; wrap with a strip of bacon. Thread shrimp onto two metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink. Yield: 10 appetizers.
Originally published as Sage Shrimp Skewers in Simple & Delicious July/August 2008, p50
Reviews for Sage Shrimp Skewers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 2, 2009
"This is a terrific recipe and works equally well using sea scallops or chunks of meaty fish such as cod, swordfish or salmon. Sometimes I skip the sage and served topped with guacamole mixed with a little mayo. Delish!"