- 1/4 cup port wine or 2 tablespoons grape juice plus 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1 large tart apple, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (14 ounces) seasoned stuffing cubes
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh sage
- In a small saucepan, bring wine to a boil. Stir in cherries; remove from the heat. In a small bowl, combine apple and lemon juice; toss to coat. Set aside cherry and apple mixtures.
- In a Dutch oven, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon; drain. In the same pan, saute onion and celery in oil until tender. Add the broth, orange juice and butter; heat until butter is melted.
- Stir in the stuffing cubes, walnuts, sage, cherry mixture, apple mixture and sausage. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 17 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Sage Sausage Dressing
Sort By :
"I substituted turkey sausage and cooked it with more sage."
"Took this dish to a family Thanksgiving gathering and everybody LOVED it. They were fighting over who would take the leftovers home! Will definitely make this one again. VERY yummy!!"
"My mother requested chestnuts in the dressing for Thanksgiving, so I substituted them for the walnuts. This was the rave dish at dinner. I doubled the recipe, which allowed everyone to take some home with them. Definitely a keeper!"
"This wasn't my favorite kind of stuffing. Maybe the combination of fruits and wine just wasn't to my liking.~ Theresa"
"This is a FABULOUS recipe that I not only made on Thanksgiving, but also on Christmas and it was a hit both time. It was just so delicious! I have been anxious for Thanksgiving so that I could make it again."