- 2 tablespoons minced fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 skin-on salmon fillet (1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375°. Mix first four ingredients; rub onto flesh side of salmon. Cut into six portions.
- In a large cast-iron skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add salmon, skin side down; cook 5 minutes. Transfer skillet to oven; bake just until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 10 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Sage-Rubbed Salmon
"Two thumbs up! (And a paw -- the cat liked it, too.) I cut the topping amount in half and baked two skinless fillets at 275 degrees for 13 minutes on a parchment-lined pan. This recipe goes in my "keeper" file."