- 4 bone-in center-cut pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons dried sage leaves
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup apple cider or juice
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Minced fresh parsley
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper; rub with sage. Place flour in a small shallow bowl; coat chops with flour.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown chops in butter and oil on both sides. Remove and keep warm.
- Add cider, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Cook, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Stir in broth; cook 3 minutes longer. Add cream; cook for 2-3 minutes or until gravy is slightly thickened. Return chops to the pan; cover and cook for 6-8 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sage Pork Chops with Cider Pan Gravy in Taste of Home Winning Recipes 2 2009, p198
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Sage Pork Chops with Cider Pan Gravy
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >