- 1 package (18 ounces) frozen butternut squash ravioli or 2 packages (9 ounces each) refrigerated cheese ravioli
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh sage or 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- Shaved or shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook ravioli according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large dry skillet, toast pecans over medium-low heat 1-2 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in butter until melted. Stir in brown sugar, salt, nutmeg and cayenne. Remove from heat; stir in cream and sage.
- Drain ravioli; add to skillet and toss to coat. Top with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Sage-Pecan Butternut Squash Ravioli
Sort By :
"This recipe is decent. With the sweetness of the pecans, the amount of brown sugar is just too much. Next time I make this, I will be trying ~1/4 Cup Pecans, and just adding brown sugar to taste. Otherwise, a very simple, elegant, easy-to-prepare dinner. Must use fresh sage to get the flavor to come through!"