Mashed potatoes seem to be a staple at any holiday meal—here’s a way to jazz them up a bit! The flavor is simply tantalizing, and the corn adds pretty flecks of color. The heavenly aroma alone is enough to draw people to the table.—Julie Foppes, Verona, New York
Featured In: 30 Make-Ahead Thanksgiving Recipes
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup minced fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute corn in oil until lightly browned; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine cream and butter.
- Cook, uncovered, over medium heat until butter is melted. Drain potatoes; mash. Add the cream mixture, sage, salt and pepper. Stir in corn. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sage Mashed Potatoes with Corn in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2009, p52
Reviews for Sage Mashed Potatoes with Corn
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review