I use this "express" recipe for family meals and last-minute dinner parties. It's always met with rave reviews. The golden-brown chicken looks scrumptious served over spinach. —Veronica Callaghan, Glastonbury, Connecticut
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 3 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness; sprinkle with sage, salt and
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in butter and oil
- for 5-6 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and
- keep warm.
- Add cream to the skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits. Cook and
- stir until sauce is thickened, about 4 minutes. Serve with chicken.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half with 1 tablespoon sauce equals 306 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 129 mg cholesterol, 718 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 35 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.