- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 3 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness; sprinkle with sage, salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in butter and oil for 5-6 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- Add cream to the skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits. Cook and stir until sauce is thickened, about 4 minutes. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Sage-Dusted Chicken
"My husband and son thought this had flavor galore--I did as well! So easy to execute, with relatively few ingredients and yet so richly flavored. I used half & half instead of whipping cream, since I already had that in the fridge and it worked well. I wish we had had more sauce than what the recipe rendered--it was so good to dip slices of french bread into it! This is a great recipe for the working woman, like myself, who wants home-cooked food that is not processed convenience stuff, but cannot expend too much energy at the end of the day."
"A quick, easy, one pan recipe just right for our motorhome travels or anytime! Thanks for sharing. Oh forgot--delicious too."
"Delicious and fast and children loved it."
"Very quick and tasty. While I made the sauce I kept the chicken breasts in a low oven. I sprinkled shredded parmesan on top. I'll definitely make this again."