I use this "express" recipe for family meals and last-minute dinner parties. It's always met with rave reviews. The golden-brown chicken looks scrumptious served over spinach. —Veronica Callaghan, Glastonbury, Connecticut
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 3 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness; sprinkle with sage, salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in butter and oil for 5-6 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- Add cream to the skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits. Cook and stir until sauce is thickened, about 4 minutes. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sage-Dusted Chicken in Country Woman December/January 2009, p28
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Sage-Dusted Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review