These pretty little patties are loaded with flavor and hold their shape well. Celery, onion, bread crumbs and seasonings cook up tender.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped celery with leaves
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 6 slices day-old bread, toasted and crumbled (about 3 cups)
- 3/4 to 1 cup chicken or turkey broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh sage or 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- In a large skillet, saute onion and celery in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Add the bread, broth and seasonings. Shape into six patties.
- In another large skillet, melt remaining butter over medium heat. Cook patties on both sides until lightly browned. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sage Dressing Patties in Taste of Home Annual Recipes Annual 2000, p71
Reviews for Sage Dressing Patties
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review