Sage Dressing For Chicken Recipe
- 2 cups unseasoned dry bread cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh sage or 1 tablespoon rubbed dried sage
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 roasting chicken (3 to 4 pounds)
- Melted butter, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine bread cubes, onion, parsley, sage and the egg. Add enough broth until stuffing is moistened and holds together. Stuff loosely into chicken. Fasten with skewers to close. Place with breast side up on a shallow rack in roasting pan. Brush with butter if desired. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 hours or until juices run clear. Baste several times with pan juices or butter. Prepare gravy if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Diabetic Exchanges: One serving (prepared with egg substitute and low-sodium chicken broth, without butter or margarine, and skin removed after baking) equals 4 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable; also, 359 calories, 128 mg sodium, 85 mg cholesterol, 26 gm carbohydrate, 42 gm protein, 8 gm fat.
Reviews for Sage Dressing For Chicken
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.