"This moist hearty stuffing is nicely seasoned with sausage, sage and fresh mushrooms," writes field editor Betty Sitzman from Wray, Colorado. "Sometimes I use it to stuff the bird...and other times I bake it separately."
- 1/2 pound bulk Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 6 cups cubed day-old bread
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the sausage, onion, celery and mushrooms in oil until meat is no longer pink; drain if necessary. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; add sausage mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sage Dressing in Taste of Home October/November 2002, p18
Reviews for Sage Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review