Sage Corn Muffins
These muffins are moist and flavorful— try them instead of rolls with most any meal.
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups cream-style corn
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh sage or 1 to 2 teaspoons ground sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Whisk the eggs, buttermilk and butter; stir into dry ingredients
- just until moistened. Fold in corn, sage and pepper.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at
- 400° for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 173 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 361 mg sodium,