These muffins are moist and flavorful— try them instead of rolls with most any meal.
- 1-1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups cream-style corn
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh sage or 1 to 2 teaspoons ground sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Whisk the eggs, buttermilk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in corn, sage and pepper.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Sage Corn Muffins in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p28
Reviews for Sage Corn Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 4, 2011
"Found these muffins, while moist, were a little on the crumbly side but loved the addition of sage (I used fresh sage)! Mmmm!"