- 1-1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups cream-style corn
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh sage or 1 to 2 teaspoons ground sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Whisk the eggs, buttermilk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in corn, sage and pepper.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Sage Corn Muffins in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p28
Reviews for Sage Corn Muffins(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 4, 2011
Found these muffins, while moist, were a little on the crumbly side but loved the addition of sage (I used fresh sage)! Mmmm!