- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 6 slices thinly sliced deli ham
- 6 strips part-skim mozzarella cheese (3 inches x 1-1/2 inches x 1/2 inch)
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- Flatten chicken to 1/8-in. thickness. Place a ham slice, a mozzarella cheese strip, 1 tablespoon tomato and 1/8 teaspoon sage down the center of each chicken breast. Roll up and tuck in ends; secure with toothpicks.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and parsley. Place 3 tablespoons butter in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in butter, then roll in crumb mixture. Place in a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Drizzle with remaining butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Sage Chicken Cordon Bleu
"Highly considering making soon for special anniversary for husband/myself. Sounds very easy and elegant indeed. Would make Parmesan Potato Rounds alongside to help round it out. My husband LOVES cheesy, so this ought to please him."
"both my husband and i loved it"
"It was easy to follow the recipe, also I used homemade salsa instead of a tomatoe. That gave it alittle more kick."
"I would make it again but substitute roasted peppers and instead of sage would use fresh basil."
"This tastes so delicious with the sage. I dont care for tomatoes so I just omitted them and it still tasted great! Moist and delicious!"