Sage Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 6 slices thinly sliced deli ham
- 6 strips part-skim mozzarella cheese (3 inches x 1-1/2 inches x 1/2 inch)
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- Flatten chicken to 1/8-in. thickness. Place a ham slice, a mozzarella cheese strip, 1 tablespoon tomato and 1/8 teaspoon sage down the center of each chicken breast. Roll up and tuck in ends; secure with toothpicks.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and parsley. Place 3 tablespoons butter in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in butter, then roll in crumb mixture. Place in a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Drizzle with remaining butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Sage Chicken Cordon Bleu(4)
Sort By :
both my husband and i loved it
It was easy to follow the recipe, also I used homemade salsa instead of a tomatoe. That gave it alittle more kick.
I would make it again but substitute roasted peppers and instead of sage would use fresh basil.
This tastes so delicious with the sage. I dont care for tomatoes so I just omitted them and it still tasted great! Moist and delicious!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Baked Ham >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Cordon Bleu >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >