Sage Breakfast Sausage
I added some more seasonings to a recipe my mother-in-law gave me, and now my family prefers these patties to any frozen variety.—Karla Krenik Mayer, Le Sueur, Minnesota
6 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + chilling Cook: 10 min.
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch ground allspice
- 1 pound ground pork
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble pork
- over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties. Chill at least 1
- Fry in a skillet for 3-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer
- reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 161 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 433 mg sodium, trace carbohydrate, trace fiber, 14 g protein.