- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/3 cup cold water
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sage and salt; stir in cheese. Cut in butter until crumbly. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 12-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Cut in half lengthwise; cut each half widthwise into 1-in strips. Twist each strip two to three times.
- Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 425° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Sage Breadsticks in Taste of Home October/November 2002, p18
Reviews for Sage Breadsticks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 11, 2013
"Love these quick tastey breadsticks. They are very easy to make."