Sage 'N' Rosemary Pork Stew Recipe
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 to 4 pounds), cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (49-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/4 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups cubed red potatoes
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- 1-1/2 cups frozen lima beans
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1. In a Dutch oven over medium heat, brown pork in oil; drain. Add the broth, water, onion, rosemary, salt, sage and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 40-45 minutes or until pork is almost tender.
- 2. Stir in the potatoes, beans and mustard. Return to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 40-45 minutes or until vegetables and pork are tender.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine flour and cream; stir until smooth. Add to stew. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
1 cup equals 299 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 772 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.