Sage 'N' Rosemary Pork Stew Recipe
This stew satisfies the appetites of my husband and son, who are real meat-and-potatoes men. It's easy on the family budget, yet is special enough to serve to guests.
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 to 4 pounds), cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (49-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/4 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups cubed red potatoes
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- 1-1/2 cups frozen lima beans
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, brown pork in oil; drain. Add the broth, water, onion, rosemary, salt, sage and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 40-45 minutes or until pork is almost tender.
- Stir in the potatoes, beans and mustard. Return to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 40-45 minutes or until vegetables and pork are tender.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and cream; stir until smooth. Add to stew. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Originally published as Sage 'N' Rosemary Pork Stew in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p18
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Sage 'N' Rosemary Pork Stew(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Stew Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >