Sage & Prosciutto Pinwheels Recipe
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/4 cup honey mustard
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- 8 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Unfold one pastry sheet. Spread 2 tablespoons mustard to within 1/2 in. of edges. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese; top with half each of the chopped prosciutto and sage. Roll up jelly-roll style. Using a serrated knife, cut roll crosswise into 18 slices.
Place cut side down on a greased baking sheet. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Bake until golden brown, 12-15 minutes. Serve warm.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked rolls on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet until firm. Transfer to resealable plastic freezer bags; return to freezer. To use, let rolls stand at room temperature 10 minutes. Cut and bake pinwheels as directed, increasing time as necessary. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 appetizer: 90 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 131mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Sage & Prosciutto Pinwheels
"sounds good, but is it safe to thaw the pastry and then freeze it again before baking?"