Sage & Prosciutto Pinwheels
I love, love, love to make appetizers and I came up with this recipe because I could make them up ahead and keep them in the freezer, slice and then bake them when needed. —Kate Dampier, Quail Valley, California
36 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/4 cup honey mustard
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- 8 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- Preheat oven to 400°. Unfold one pastry sheet. Spread 2
- tablespoons mustard to within 1/2 in. of edges. Sprinkle with 1/2
- cup cheese; top with half each chopped prosciutto and sage. Roll up
- jelly-roll style. Using a serrated knife, cut roll crosswise into 18
- Place cut side down on a greased baking sheet. Repeat with remaining
- ingredients. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
- Yield: 3 dozen.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked rolls on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet until firm. Transfer to resealable plastic freezer bags; return to freezer. To use, let rolls stand at room temperature 10 minutes. Cut and bake pinwheels as directed, increasing time as necessary.
Nutritional Facts: 1 appetizer equals 90 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 131 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.