Sage & Prosciutto Pinwheels
I love, love, love to make appetizers and I came up with this recipe because I could make them up ahead and keep them in the freezer, slice and then bake them when needed. —Kate Dampier, Quail Valley, California
36 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/4 cup honey mustard
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- 8 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- Preheat oven to 400°. Unfold puff pastry. Spread mustard over
- each sheet to within 1/2 in. of edges. Sprinkle with cheese; top
- with prosciutto and sage. Roll up jelly-roll style. Using a serrated
- knife, cut each crosswise into 18 slices.
- Place cut side down on greased baking sheets. Bake 12-15 minutes or
- until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 3 dozen.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked rolls on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet until firm. Transfer to resealable plastic freezer bags; return to freezer. To use, let rolls stand at room temperature 10 minutes. Cut and bake pinwheels as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through.
Nutritional Facts: 1 appetizer equals 90 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 131 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.