Sage & Prosciutto Pinwheels Recipe
I love, love, love to make appetizers and I came up with this recipe because I could make them up ahead and keep them in the freezer, slice and then bake them when needed. —Kate Dampier, Quail Valley, California
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:36 servings
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/4 cup honey mustard
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- 8 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Unfold one pastry sheet. Spread 2 tablespoons mustard to within 1/2 in. of edges. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese; top with half each chopped prosciutto and sage. Roll up jelly-roll style. Using a serrated knife, cut roll crosswise into 18 slices.
- 2. Place cut side down on a greased baking sheet. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 appetizer equals 90 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 131 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC