- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/4 cup honey mustard
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- 8 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- Preheat oven to 400°. Unfold one pastry sheet. Spread 2 tablespoons mustard to within 1/2 in. of edges. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese; top with half each of the chopped prosciutto and sage. Roll up jelly-roll style. Using a serrated knife, cut roll crosswise into 18 slices.
Place cut side down on a greased baking sheet. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked rolls on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet until firm. Transfer to resealable plastic freezer bags; return to freezer. To use, let rolls stand at room temperature 10 minutes. Cut and bake pinwheels as directed, increasing time as necessary. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Sage & Prosciutto Pinwheels
Sort By :
"sounds good, but is it safe to thaw the pastry and then freeze it again before baking?"
"This was delicious, espcially the taste of the fresh sage, perfect for the holidays or a fall themed party. Made it as an appetizer for a family party and they loved it !! Will make for Thanksgiving.."