Sage & Prosciutto Chicken Saltimbocca Recipe
- 1/2 cup plus 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 fresh sage leaves
- 8 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine or additional chicken broth
- Lemon slices and fresh sage, optional
- 1. Place 1/2 cup flour in a shallow bowl; set aside. Flatten chicken breasts to 1/4-in. thickness. Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper; top each breast half with 2 sage leaves and 2 slices prosciutto, pressing to adhere. Dip chicken sides only in flour to coat.
- 2. In a large skillet, heat oil and butter over medium heat; cook chicken for 3-4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned and chicken is no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. In a small bowl, whisk the chicken broth, lemon juice, wine and remaining flour; add to the skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Spoon over chicken. Top chicken with lemon and sage if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 chicken breast half with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 355 calories, 17 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 128 mg cholesterol, 1,070 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 43 g protein.
Reviews for Sage & Prosciutto Chicken Saltimbocca
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.