Sage & Browned Butter Ravioli Recipe
- 1 package (20 ounces) refrigerated cheese ravioli or 2 packages (9 ounces each) mushroom agnolotti
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook ravioli according to package directions. In a large heavy saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Heat 5-7 minutes or until golden brown, stirring constantly. Immediately stir in sage and salt; remove from heat.
- Drain ravioli, reserving 2 tablespoons pasta water. Add ravioli, pasta water and lemon juice to butter mixture; gently toss to coat. Serve with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Sage & Browned Butter Ravioli
Sort By :
This was great and I loved how fast it was to put together. I did use frozen ravioli in place of the fresh.
Really easy and quite good. Don't leave out the parmesan; it added a lot. I used tarragon instead of sage and cut the butter by half after reading the previous reviews. It was enough butter and maybe cut some of the fat.
Pretty darn good! I used evoo and butter, and I used about 1/4 cup total. I don't care for things "swimming" in any kind of sauce. I used cheese filled rigatoni instead of ravioli. I served them with pork chops!
A simple and delicious dish with lots of browned butter (and sodium)! Yummy! Would make an quick elegant dinner for drop in guests.
I found it to be a quick recipe. I just love sage and I found this recipe to be a keeper.