- 1 package (20 ounces) refrigerated cheese ravioli or 2 packages (9 ounces each) mushroom agnolotti
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook ravioli according to package directions. In a large heavy saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Heat 5-7 minutes or until golden brown, stirring constantly. Immediately stir in sage and salt; remove from heat.
- Drain ravioli, reserving 2 tablespoons pasta water. Add ravioli, pasta water and lemon juice to butter mixture; gently toss to coat. Serve with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Sage & Browned Butter Ravioli
Sort By :
"Wow, this was delicious. I used the mushroom agnolotti. It reminded me of a vacation in Italy. I would use a little less better next time, otherwise it was perfect. So quick and easy to make. Loved the combo of sage, lemon and Parmesan. My family loved it."
"This was great and I loved how fast it was to put together. I did use frozen ravioli in place of the fresh."
"Really easy and quite good. Don't leave out the parmesan; it added a lot. I used tarragon instead of sage and cut the butter by half after reading the previous reviews. It was enough butter and maybe cut some of the fat."
"Pretty darn good! I used evoo and butter, and I used about 1/4 cup total. I don't care for things "swimming" in any kind of sauce. I used cheese filled rigatoni instead of ravioli. I served them with pork chops!"
"A simple and delicious dish with lots of browned butter (and sodium)! Yummy! Would make an quick elegant dinner for drop in guests."