- 1 package (20 ounces) refrigerated cheese ravioli or 2 packages (9 ounces each) mushroom agnolotti
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook ravioli according to package directions. In a large heavy saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Heat 5-7 minutes or until golden brown, stirring constantly. Immediately stir in sage and salt; remove from heat.
- Drain ravioli, reserving 2 tablespoons pasta water. Add ravioli, pasta water and lemon juice to butter mixture; gently toss to coat. Serve with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Sage & Browned Butter Ravioli
"A different side dish to present than the typical offerings! Homey-tasting but looks upscale at the same time! The 1/2 Cup of sage was the right amount for the butter, which I cut only by 1 Tbsp. I used mushroom ravioli for an even more different flavor. Husband and 2 sons also liked this dish. I also liked that it was not labor-intensive."
"Excellent! My son especially liked it. He came home late the next night saying he was craving it and was disappointed to learn that I had eaten the leftovers. My daughter liked it, but asked, "Shouldn't there be some kind of sauce with it?" This from the girl whose main diet was buttered pasta from age 2 - 8.I'm sure this would be wonderful, but more conventional, with basil substituted for the sage."
"This was great and I loved how fast it was to put together. I did use frozen ravioli in place of the fresh."
"Really easy and quite good. Don't leave out the parmesan; it added a lot. I used tarragon instead of sage and cut the butter by half after reading the previous reviews. It was enough butter and maybe cut some of the fat."
"Pretty darn good! I used evoo and butter, and I used about 1/4 cup total. I don't care for things "swimming" in any kind of sauce. I used cheese filled rigatoni instead of ravioli. I served them with pork chops!"
"I found it to be a quick recipe. I just love sage and I found this recipe to be a keeper."
"Love how fast this is to make, yet it so delicious. Great hot fast meal to serve with a salad on a busy night."