Sage & Browned Butter Ravioli
After enjoying a similar dish in Italy, we came home and planted sage in our garden to be sure we could recreate it. Such a quick and easy weeknight supper using the fruits of our labor and it always brings back fond memories of our trip. —Rhonda Hamilton, Portsmouth, Ohio
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (20 ounces) refrigerated cheese ravioli or 2 packages (9 ounces each) mushroom agnolotti
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook ravioli according to package directions. In a large heavy
- saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Heat 5-7 minutes or until
- golden brown, stirring constantly. Immediately stir in sage and
- salt; remove from heat.
- Drain ravioli, reserving 2 tablespoons pasta water. Add ravioli,
- pasta water and lemon juice to butter mixture; gently toss to coat.
- Serve with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 621 calories, 34 g fat (21 g saturated fat), 120 mg cholesterol, 1,103 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.