“This easy recipe was inspired by a trip to Puerto Rico, where they served yellow rice and flavorful seafood dishes,” writes Stephanie Howard from Oakland, California. “I combined them to create this lovely dish for two.”
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup torn Bibb or Boston lettuce
- 1 cup torn romaine
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup cooked saffron rice
- 1/2 pound cooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first eight ingredients; shake well. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Divide lettuces between two plates; top with avocado, rice and shrimp. Sprinkle with cilantro; drizzle with dressing. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Saffron Rice Shrimp Salad in Cooking for 2 Winter 2009, p24
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Saffron Rice Shrimp Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review